Homeopathic First Aid for Dogs
We all want the most out of life for our furry best friend. Taking care of their health is our top priority! We ensure they have adequate daily exercise, a quality diet (preferably raw), and natural healthcare that is going to heal rather than suppress, or cause them nasty side-effects.
Dogs are loving, loyal and dutiful, so it’s no surprise how well dogs respond to homeopathic treatment. Non-believers in homeopathy will argue that homeopathic treatment works because of placebo effect, interestingly it is hard to apply the same argument to dogs (animals in general), when research shows that 80% of animals get better or recover totally, after homeopathic treatment.
Have you ever been in an emergency situation with your dog and not known what you needed to provide relief? Have you ever been woken up at 2am by your dog vomiting or your dog passing stinky diarrhoea? There are too many scenarios to add here, so the moral of the story is be prepared with a homeopathic kit to have on hand when needed!
When it comes to taking care of your dog with homeopathy, there are a few key things to take note of, to help identify the most similar homeopathic medicine to fit the presenting symptoms.
You need to know:
- Onset – When, where, what was happening (was it a sudden or gradual onset).
- Duration – How long has it being going on?
- Time of Day – Recurring? When is it worse? When is it better?
- Causation – Are the symptoms affected by changes in body, temperature, eating, sleeping, cold, noise, fright, grief, standing, sitting, walking?
- Observation – What does it look like, colour, swelling, smell, taste? Sensation – What does it feel like?
- Location – Is there anything different about other physical areas? Intensity – How strong is the symptom?
- Strange, rare and peculiar – What is unusual about the symptom or feeling? Modalities – What makes it better or worse?
From this information we have collected everything that is different from the norm. Once you’ve gathered this information, you will use your first aid kit booklet to read up on the remedy that suits. Most first aid situations will call for a lower potency. More urgent and painful issues may require a higher potency to match the intensity.
Homeopathic First Aid Kit Remedies
We also suggest having charcoal powder on hand. HyperCal wound wash should also be on hand, so ask in the form if you need this to be added to your order.